Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those
who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.
-- John F. Kennedy

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A tsunami is building ...


I went to a rock concert tonight and a political rally broke out.
The Barack Obama wave rolled into Phoenix tonight and I was very happy that I took time off work to attend. I was one of more than 200 volunteers who helped with crowd control and other logistics at the Coliseum. When the doors opened just after 3 p.m. people poured into the arena and they just kept coming. I will estimate that there were 10-12,000 people there. I eventually worked my way down by the stage and when he came out I took some photos and shook his hand. When he finally made it up onto the stage, the roar from the crowd nearly popped my eardrum. He is definitely a rock star and he delivered a terrific speech, saying all the right things. The only thing left for me was to ask myself if I could believe in him. Until two days ago I had my doubts. I supported Edwards, think highly of Clinton, and just wasn't sure if Obama was for real. But for various reasons I decided to support Obama a couple of days ago and went today to see if I made the right decision. I am now convinced that Barack Obama is the candidate who can fill people with hope, rise to the ocassion and turn the country in a new direction.
Barack Obama '08

No comments: