Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those
who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.
-- John F. Kennedy

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Don't break this chain or (insert cataclysmic event here) ...

My cousin Kenny shocked the hell out of me today. He forwarded another chain e-mail to me about a presidential candidate ... and this one was actually TRUE.
I couldn't believe it, because he has a batting average on these things far below the Mendoza line. Kenny works his tail off each week (usually more than one job) and I always know when he has some time off, because I suddenly receive a wave of chain e-mails. They are usually patriotic, political, incendiary, and most often ... complete bullshit. Sometimes I don't wast my time and just hit delete right away, other times I laugh, or I blow a gasket and get worked up enough to reply to him and refer him, once again, to http://www.snopes.com/, the best place to fact-check urban legends and chain letters.
So in honor of cousin Kenny, and anyone else who forwards these obnoxious things around the Net without checking them first, here are some helpful links:

Remember ... www.snopes.com

No comments: