Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those
who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.
-- John F. Kennedy

Monday, June 1, 2009

Project Runway ...

The island of St. Barthelemy in the Caribbean is near the top of the list for my favorite places visited. While on a Windjammer Cruise on the Fantome in 1994 I visited the island with my friends Andy and Karen. I'm sure that everyone who visits St. Barts remembers the airport. It is listed as one of the most dangerous airports in the world because of the tricky approach that challenges even the most experience pilots. We were told there were more than a few taxi cabs on the island that had airplane tire tracks on their roofs, since the main road crosses with the aircraft approach at the top of a hill. See what I mean here:
.

.

No comments: