Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those
who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.
-- John F. Kennedy

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Congressman Kingston forgot his prop.

I talked about Rep. Jack Kingston here, and here is a video of the congressman on the Dan Abrams show on MSNBC.



Not only is Kingston not wearing his flag lapel pin, he also claims that Senator Brack Obama has said he will never wear one. This is another lie. Senator Obama has worn a U.S. flag lapel pin, but here he tells why he doesn't always wear one now.

“Somebody noticed I wasn’t wearing a flag lapel pin and I told folks, well you know what? I haven’t probably worn that pin in a very long time. I wore it right after 9/11. But after a while, you start noticing people wearing a lapel pin, but not acting very patriotic. Not voting to provide veterans with resources that they need. Not voting to make sure that disability payments were coming out on time.
“My attitude is that I’m less concerned about what you’re wearing on your lapel than what’s in your heart. And you show your patriotism by how you treat your fellow Americans, especially those who served. You show your patriotism by being true to our values and our ideals and that’s what we have to lead with is our values and our ideals.”
A lapel pin doesn't make you a patriot.

And Rep. Kingston says about repeating half-truths and falsehoods, "I don't think they're attacks, I just think this is a little banter back and forth." Banter? People are sick of this kind of politics. What people in Washington call banter, the American people call lies.

No comments: